The Medication Support and Recovery Service (MSRS) is new specialist addiction service for people who are misusing or dependent on prescription or over-the-counter medications.
TREATMENT SERVICES AVAILABLE:
We offer a range of specialist addiction treatment services, including:
- Therapeutic counselling for adults, young people and families
- Nurse practitioners who can access pharmacotherapy and allow GP access to chronic care items on the MBS
- Nursing and withdrawal support (including tapering and reduction plans)
- Peer support and group programs
- Support to access pharmacotherapy treatments (including opioid replacement therapy)
- Referrals to allied health services (physiotherapy, chronic pain services and sleep clinics)
- GP and pharmacy support
- Education and training programs for healthcare services and community organisations.
Anyone who is dependent on or misusing prescription or over-the-counter medications can refer to the MSRS (regardless of age or postcode). We also offer counselling and support for people worried about a friend or family member’s medication use.
We encourage referrals from GPs and other health professionals, however patients can also self-refer to our service. Patients do not require a Medicare card or a Mental Health Care Plan to access the service.
Patients with co-occurring mental illness or other substance use are also welcome to refer.
The MSRS is fully funded by the Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network and all services are provided at no cost to patients.
To refer your patient to the MSRS, or to find out more information, please complete the referral form below and we will contact you within two business days. You can also call us on 1800 931 101 or 9810 3080 to speak to the MSRS intake worker (Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm).